Due to continued growth, our Client is seeking an experienced Transport Planner to join their small Logistics Team. You will primarily be responsible for the day-to-day planning of the Drivers and all associated Administration. The role is office-based near Philipstoun, West Lothian.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Daily route planning/scheduling for HGV Tanker sand Bulkers
- Ensuring best routes for efficiency and deadlines
- Liaising with agencies to ensure cover (when required)
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety
- Building relationships with colleagues and Customers
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar Transport Planning/Operational role
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
- Strong IT Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to integrate into a small team
- Self-motivated, diligent, and trustworthy
- Working to Targets and KPI’s
- Multi-tasking whilst ensuring accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills
- General Administration tasks as required
Desirable skills and experience:
- Transport Manager CPC
- Experience of using MANDATA
This is a busy and varied office-based role which will require excellent communication and organisational skills. It is Monday to Friday (office hours) but will require remote telephone cover for 1 in 4 weekends.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply, please send your CV asap.