We are looking for a Stores Person / Van Driver for a supplier of Facilities Management products based in West Lothian.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced Stores / Van Driver to apply their knowledge and skills in a growing and successful company.
Our client is a supplier and distributor that specialises in Facilities Management products. They are one of the biggest independent suppliers in their field in Scotland. They are expanding to meet the growing demand for their services. Therefore, they require additional help within the stores and delivery side of the business.
They are looking for an experienced Store Person and van driver. The role requires a blend of stores and delivery experience.
They are offering a good hourly rate and the opportunity to work in a friendly and supportive environment.
You will undertake variety of warehouse and general duties and cover van deliveries as and when required. This will include:
- General warehouse duties including ensuring a high standard of housekeeping
- Receiving deliveries in other words unloading and placing product in correct bin locations in a timely manner.
- Driving the forklift truck for the purpose of loading and unloading vehicles and moving stock around the warehouse.
- Processing customer orders specifically picking, packaging and labelling products from the customer order.
- Daily and weekly stock takes both by bin locations as per schedule provided and ensuring that the computerised stock control system matches the physical stock position
- Entering transactions accurately onto the computerised stock control system to be sure stock levels are always accurate
- Most importantly complying at all times with Health & Safety legislation
- Overall ensuring timely and accurate delivery of products to customers throughout the Lothians, Edinburgh and the Borders.
- Daily and weekly routine maintenance of company van, ensuring it is kept clean and tidy. To point out to management immediately of any defects or repairs that may be required.
You will be required to possess the skills and experience to deliver these responsibilities. These requirements include:
- Clean current driving licence
- Current Forklift licence desirable
- Computer literate in particular ability to operate computerised stock control system.
- Ability to use initiative and act in a responsible manner so that you achieve customer satisfaction.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in essence customer friendly
- Ability to carry out manual handling in a safe manner
- Neat and tidy appearance
The role will be based from our client’s distribution centre in West Lothian. It is close to the M8 and M9 motorways and offers excellent access to most major transportation routes.
Why Should You Apply?
In conclusion if you:
- Have the skills and experienced in both a stores environment and undertaking deliveries.
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment and enjoy a variety of tasks such as processing orders, ensuring data accuracy, delivering goods and interacting with customers
- Want to work as part of a team of enthusiastic and energetic people, focused on customer satisfaction
If you would like to apply for this role please fill in the details below and submit your CV here.