We are looking for an experienced Project Manager for a consultancy firm based in Edinburgh who specialise in mass transportation projects. This role offers an experienced Project Manager the opportunity to join a dynamic team of consultants to work on high profile construction and transportation infrastructure projects.
Our client is a growing, award winning, consultancy business who specialise in mass transit infrastructure projects throughout the UK. The role will initially be based in Edinburgh expanding throughout Scotland on a project-specific basis.
The team are well respected consultants within their field. Due to the completion of successful projects they are therefore expanding to meet the growing demand for their services.
They are looking for a talented Project Manager who has experience working on the initial stages of projects. Consequently you will work closely with and assist clients in solving complex challenges, providing a blend of strategic thinking with hands on programme management.
The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. In addition, the ability to develop your own skills and qualifications. This is a great opportunity for someone seeking to obtain chartered status.
You will be required to apply your experience in developing solutions for clients. For instance, advising on how best to structure projects, navigating governance processes, and have the necessary skills and experience to establish and run a Programme Management Office on behalf of clients. Further requirements include:
- Degree qualified in engineering or management and preferably a member of a recognised professional body with either chartered status or working towards it.
- In addition a minimum of 5 years post graduate experience.
- Proven track record of involvement in delivering large scale projects in the transportation and infrastructure sector.
- Successfully worked with delivery teams, customers, regulatory bodies and other major stakeholders.
- Expertise in the development, use and application of programme management tools in delivering major projects.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Authentic verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adept in building relationships with all levels with internal and external stakeholders for instance.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work flexibly.
- Ability to communicate complex proposals to various audiences in a clear and understandable manner both verbally and in writing.
- Thrives under pressure. For instance working to tight deadlines.
The role requires a level of flexible working and therefore will involve a combination of working from home, client offices or sites, or from our client’s prestigious office in Edinburgh city centre.
Why Should You Apply?
In conclusion if you:
- Are an experienced Project Manager looking for the opportunity to join a dynamic team of consultants
- Possess the desire and skills required to deliver high profile, complex transportation, and infrastructure projects
- It is your intension to develop and hone your Project Management skills in a consultancy environment
- The role provides a remuneration package and development opportunities that reflects your skills and experience