Our client is looking for a Project Manager in West Lothian to support the installation of their high value equipment.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to apply their knowledge and skills to engineering projects throughout EMEA.
Our client is a global manufacturer of capital equipment that specialises in high value equipment within a food production and manufacturing sectors. The company are well respected specialists within their field.
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Manager who has worked on similar environments and projects for instance high value industrial equipment. You will work closely with, assist, and advise both internal stakeholders and customers throughout the lifecycle of each project.
The role requires a blend of technical knowledge and experience, problem solving, relationship management coupled with a can-do attitude.
Salary is based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate in line with the company’s salary structure.
You will be responsible for all aspects of each project, such as:
Define Project Requirements
- Ensure each project is driven to achieve the project scope, and fulfil all needs, both internally and externally, throughout the project lifecycle
- A typical project would be a combination of equipment manufacturing from worldwide H&C facilities, third party manufacture, and coordination of site works & manpower
Drive Project Organisation
- Control project documentation and information using the department folder structure.
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the project lifecycle
Manage Project Timelines
Define all project tasks within a timeline framework, and monitor performance of the tasks throughout the project lifecycle, to take advantage of opportunities and minimize risk
Monitor project financial performance throughout the project lifecycle to manage opportunities and risk
Motivate Project Team
Identify the Project Team, with its internal & external members and stakeholders, and ensure that all team members have what they need to succeed throughout the project lifecycle.
You will be required to possess the skills and experience to deliver these responsibilities. These requirements include:
- Experience of a continuous process environment
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers
- Also, able to manage on-site sub-contractors
- Significantly communication is key therefore you must be an effective communicator
- Due to the nature of the projects, you should be able to demonstrate initiative
- Work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work unsociable hours, including nightshift to deal with urgent site work and meet client demand
- Good understanding of AutoCAD, MS Project and the MS office suite of software
- Working with other OEMS
- Problem Solving
- Work Planning
- Obviously, a working knowledge of Health Safety requirements
- In the same way appreciation of current CE Requirements
- As well as knowledge of Quality Control Systems (ISO 9001 etc)
You should possess training and qualifications for this role such as:
- Tertiary qualification in an Engineering discipline or relevant industry experience
- Obviously, any formal training in Project Management such as Prince 2 or APM would be a benefit
The role will be based from the company’s offices in West Lothian but offers a degree of hybrid working from both home and office. There may be some travel requirements throughout EMEA.
Why Should You Apply for the Project Manager role in West Lothian?
In conclusion if you:
- Have the skills and experienced required to manage all aspects of the large manufacturing equipment installation projects.
- Want to work in a high paced and rewarding environment
- And you possess the desire to deliver projects within the time, cost and quality for your customers.
If you would like to apply for this role please fill in the details below and submit your CV here.