We are looking for a Project Manager for a Consultancy Firm who have several contracts based across the North of England.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to apply their knowledge and skills to rail projects across the norther England.
Our client is an award-winning consultancy firm that specialises in mass transportation and projects. The directors are well respected specialist consultants within their field. Due to the successful completion of successful projects, they are expanding to meet the growing demand for their services.
They are looking for an experienced Project Manager who has worked on the initial stages of heavy or light rail. You will work closely with, assist, and advise clients for instance solving complex challenges, advising on methodologies. The role requires a blend of strategic thinking with programme management.
Salary is based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate in line with the firms’ fee structure.
You will be required to apply your experience in developing solutions for clients. This will include advising on how best to structure projects, develop the business case, navigate the governance processes, and create a procurement and delivery approach.
You will be required to possess the skills and experience to deliver these responsibilities. These requirements include:
- Degree qualified in an attributable engineering or management degree
- Preferably a member of a recognised professional body with either chartered status or working towards it
- Circa 10 years plus post graduate experience working on light or heavy rail projects
- A proven track record and expertise in delivering large scale projects in the transportation and infrastructure sector
- Have a good understanding and working knowledge of transportation policy
- Defined experience in early stages of project development for example developing business cases.
- For instance, may have a consultancy or Local Authority background
- While note essential experience of ‘Greenbook’ methodology would be beneficial
- A skilled communicator both verbal and written and in addition have excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagements including delivery teams, customer, regulatory bodies, and other major stakeholders
- For example, the ability to communicate complex proposals in an understandable manner for various audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Possess the ability to see the big picture and in addition have acute attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
The role will be based from your home and will require both site visits and client meetings within their offices. Projects will predominantly be based across Northern England. Therefore, you will have to travel circa fifty percent of the time.
The firm are eager to find the right candidate for the role and would consider someone looking to relocate within the UK or indeed further afield. For example the EU, US Mexico.
Why Should You Apply?
In conclusion if you:
- Have the skills and experienced required to deliver high profile, complex rail, and mass transportation projects
- Want to work with other high calibre and well-respected professionals on challenging and rewarding projects
- Are degree qualified and have or are working towards chartered status
- You liv in Northern England or would like to relocate