Our client is looking for a Project Engineer in West Lothian to support the installation of their high value equipment.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer to apply their knowledge and skills to engineering projects throughout EMEA.
Our client is a global manufacturer of capital equipment that specialises in high value equipment within a food production and manufacturing sectors. The company are well respected specialists especially within their field.
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Engineer who has worked on similar installation projects. You will work closely with, assist, and advise both internal stakeholders and customers throughout the lifecycle of each project.
The role requires a blend of technical knowledge and experience, problem solving, relationship management coupled with a can-do attitude.
Salary is based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate in line with the company’s salary structure.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the engineering aspects of each project, such as:
- At outset of each major project prepare a resource requirement forecast and plan for achieving all project requirements.
- Manage all resources required to achieve set target dates.
- Monitor and manage progress of all assigned projects through to successful completion.
- Design components/machines, direct the Draftspersons allocated for detailed designs and size/select key commercial items.
- Check completed drawings, schedules, and technical manuals with customer requirements. Ensure that only accurate and clear drawings are released for manufacture.
- Comply with all relevant Q&A procedures.
- Liaise with customers either directly or via relevant salesperson/agent throughout each project on all matters of a substantial nature.
- Meet the full requirements of each assigned project as shown above.
You will be required to possess the skills and experience to deliver these responsibilities. These requirements include:
- Prepare engineering cost estimates as required.
- Provide technical support to Engineering Department specifically involving specialist engineering calculations, Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics and other specialist skills where required.
- Identify cost variations during the life of each project thereafter ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Communicate frequently with all stakeholders involved in the project.
- Fully brief and guide the draughtspersons allocated to each project.
- Keep up to date with the latest Food Machinery and Manufacturing Technology.
- Occasionally, when required by the project, supervise installation, carry out commissioning and hand over the completed project to the customer, including training the customer’s staff in all aspects of operating and maintaining the equipment. This may result in travel anticipated to be around 20% of your time
- Support sales related activities as required.
- Liaise with relevant production personnel at various stages of project to ensure smooth transition from engineering to production.
- Exercise authorities as outlined in company policy and procedure.
- Comply with all health and safety, quality assurance and all other company
- Work reasonable overtime as required to achieve desired project deadlines.
- Willingness to act beyond specific, explicit job responsibilities.
You should possess training and qualifications for this role such as:
- Completion of tertiary qualifications in mechanical engineering, or through experience and other training.
- Experience in project work and/or design engineering.
The role will be based from the companies offices in West Lothian but offers a degree of hybrid working from both home and office.
Why Should You Apply for the Project Engineer in West Lothian role.?
In conclusion if you:
- Have the skills and experienced required to manage all aspects of the engineering aspects of capital equipment installation projects.
- Want to work challenging technical projects throughout EMEA
- And you possess the desire to deliver projects within the time, cost and quality that your customers require.
If you would like to apply for this role please fill in the details below and submit your CV here.