Location: Perth, Scotland
Are you passionate about environmental conservation and ready to make a significant impact on peatland restoration in Scotland? We are seeking a dedicated Peatland Project Manager to join our Client’s Carbon Team based in Perth, Scotland. As a Peatland Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role in managing their peatland restoration projects and ensuring they align with the Peatland Code or alternative Peatland Carbon standard. If you’re ready to lead and drive change in a dynamic and collaborative environment, read on!
- Manage the peatland restoration project portfolio, overseeing projects from concept to design, implementation, monitoring, and verification.
- Design peatland restoration projects, ensuring they meet the latest Peatland Carbon guidance.
- Conduct site surveys, feasibility studies, appraisals, and peatland condition assessments to ensure project compliance.
- Strategically design project phases to achieve client objectives for large, multi-phase sites.
- Collaborate with the Carbon Team to integrate ground/site survey data into Peatland Code documentation.
- Assist with the operational management of peatland restoration contractors and coordinate with our in-house forest management team.
- Support Investment and Business Development Managers in identifying potential peatland projects for acquisition.
- Provide in-house training when required for peatland restoration projects.
- Assist the Carbon Team in external presentations and events related to peatland restoration.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Environmental Management/Peatland or equivalent.
- Proven experience in peatland restoration, design, and implementation.
- Thorough understanding of Peatland Restoration and Peatland Carbon.
- Experience in conducting peat depth surveys, feasibility studies, and peatland condition assessments.
- Proficiency in the Peatland Code and knowledge of UK peatland-related legislation.
- Operational management experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams).
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to handle increased work pressure when necessary.
- Knowledge of GIS Mapping is a plus.
Communications and Key Working Relationships:
- Carbon Manager
- Carbon Team
- Investment and Business Development Director
- Investment Team
- Regional Forest Managers
- Forest Managers
If you’re ready to take on the challenge of managing and restoring peatlands in the picturesque landscapes of Perth, Scotland, and contribute to a sustainable future, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Help our client make a difference, one peatland at a time.
If you would like to apply for this role please fill in the details below and submit your CV here.