We are looking for a Human Resources Assistant to join a well-respected Company based on the outskirts of Edinburgh.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for someone in the early stages of their HR Career to apply their knowledge and skills in an interesting and rewarding role.
Our client is a well-established company widely recognised as specialists within their field. The company has consistently enjoyed growth and development. As a result of this, the HR Team is now growing to meet the demand.
This role is suited to someone at the early stages of their career in HR. You will ideally have worked in a similar role, such as HR Assistant. You will work closely with the rest of the HR Team to support the business with a range of functions. To excel in this role you will require skills for example: excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to keep progressing and learning.
Salary is based on the skills and experience of the successful candidate in line with the company’s salary structure.
You will provide support to the HR Manager and HR Team in delivering an efficient and effective HR Service. The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Assist with the creation and posting of Job Adverts and ensuring the Applicant Tracking System is kept updated at all times
- Liaising with Regional Managers to create interview questions to use as part of the selection process
- Preparing offer letters, contracts of employment always ensuring candidates have a positive recruitment experience
- Assisting with the coordination and roll-out of annual appraisals
- Assisting with the coordination and administration of meeting the Training needs of staff
- Providing support and assistance to the HR Advisor on Fleet Management
- Assisting the HR Advisor for example: with updating records to reflect starters/leavers details
Management Information/HR Systems:
- Assisting with the Company’s HR system and applicant tracking system
- Ensuring paper personnel records are accurately updated
- Maintaining the HR Mailbox, distributing emails as required
- Scanning documents for upload to the HR management system
- Supporting Payroll with the information they require
- Other Ad Hoc Duties, as required
You will be required to possess the skills and experience to deliver these responsibilities. These requirements generally include:
- Experience in a similar, HR Generalist assistant role
- Strong IT skills (such as: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint etc.)
- Experience of using PeopleHR or similar HR Software (desirable but not essential)
- CIPD Qualified or interested in working towards it
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- An organised and methodical approach to work
- A good awareness and experience of using Social Media, Job posting sites etc.
The role will be based at the Offices on the outskirts of Edinburgh (West) with free parking on-site.
Why Should You Apply?
In Summary, we would love to hear from you if you have the following:
- HR skills and experienced required to undertake an Assistant HR role
- You are seeking to join a company which truly values and rewards it’s people
- You want to work with other high calibre and well-respected professionals on challenging and rewarding projects
- You are CIPD qualified or willing to work towards it
If you would like to apply for this role please fill in the details below and submit your CV here.