Our client offers the opportunity for the right candidate to utilise their skills, creativity and experience in a rewarding and rewarding environment.
Our client is a pub and bars company based in Edinburgh that offers the right candidate the opportunity to join a great team of people, the autonomy to create a customer focused food offering, utilising all of their skills and experience and the freedom to develop and grow in a rewarding collaborative environment.
Our client is a pub and bar company who have two bars in affluent areas of West Edinburgh. They are a family run business, and the business is run as a family. The owners like to provide autonomy to the key individuals within the business and try to operate in a stress free environment.
They are looking for a Head Chef to join the team to produce, manage and further develop the creative food offering to one of their successful Gastro Pubs.
The Head Chef will take the lead on the catering side of the business. They are offering a competitive package and additionally are considering a productivity bonus.
- Responsible for all managing all aspects of the food offering and kitchen environment
- Manage the catering team, rotas, staff development,
- Menu design and preparation, including lunch, dinner, specials, small plates, and bar snacks
- Managing other catering team, rotas, staff development and training, etc.
- Ensuring that food hygiene standards are always maintained, especially during food preparation stages
- Dealing with suppliers, ordering produce, ensuring the produce is of the highest standards
- Liaise with Front of House, General Manager and owners
- Making sure that equipment within the kitchen is maintained and in good order
- Executing service in a professional manor
- Ensure the food safety management system is maintained and updated as legislation changes.
- Design menus that utilises the best produce, staff and equipment that ensures a great service for customers
- Trained chef with experience in managing all aspects of a modern, commercial kitchen
- Experience in a similar role
- Managerial experience
- Excellent organisation skills
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment
- Leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Culinary school diploma preferred
The role will be based in Edinburgh West. The Pub is located in an affluent part of town and has a good existing client base with the opportunity to grow the client base with an exciting and creative food offering.
Why Should You Apply?
- You are a head Chef or Chef ready for the step up to head Chef, looking for a great opportunity to utilise your skills and develop your creative side
- You are a creative team player with good values
- You want to provide a culinary focal point within an established Gastro Pub environment within a desirable part of town