Our client is seeking an experienced Applications Engineer to join their team in Europe/Middle East. In this role, you will coordinate sales layouts and quotations specifically for technical key account equipment enquiries, provide recommendations for machine specification, and ensure accurate and timely responses to machine inquiries. You will also communicate effectively with customers and other departments.
Our client is a global manufacturer of large-scale industrial production equipment covering many sectors especially food production, but also pharma and defence.
Responsibilities:The main responsibilities for the Applications Engineer role are generally detailed below:
- Review customer specifications and recommend technical solutions.
- Generate proposals and work with internal technical groups to find the best solutions.
- Coordinate site surveys or client meetings as required.
- Keep CRM system up-to-date and maintain latest information on key account enquiries.
- Travel to support sales, customers, and service, primarily within Europe and the Middle East.
- Identify problems or possible improvements and provide feedback to the design teams.
- Comply with all health and safety, quality assurance and company policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of relevant trade or tertiary qualifications, or equivalent knowledge through experience and other training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
In general, you will be able to demonstrate experience as an Applications Engineer in particular in the following skills and abilities:
- Chiefly you will have a very good level of AutoCAD/Inventor knowledge and experience.
- Of course effective communication skills, both written and verbal are essential to this role.
- Well-developed organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Overall you will have a strong working understanding of process flow, layout drawings, instrumentation and equipment, Autocad, and MS Office applications.
They are offering a competitive salary package, opportunities for growth and development, and a supportive team-oriented environment.
The role will be based from their offices in West Lothian and will include a mixture of office, working from home and travel to clients locations.
If you would like to apply for this role please fill in the details below and submit your CV here.