We are looking for an Accounts Assistant for an Accountancy Firm in Edinburgh.
Our client is a well-known and respected High Street accountancy firm. This role offers an excellent opportunity for a candidate who has experience in a similar setting and is looking for an opportunity to develop in this area.
Our client is a High Street Accountancy Firm that specialises in small to medium enterprises. The firm is expanding in Edinburgh and as a result of the success that they have had over the last few years are seeking an Accounts Assistant.
They are looking for an Accounts Assistant who has worked in a similar environment. You will work closely with and assist the accountants within the practice. The role requires a blend of administrative and organisation skills, furthermore you should have the desire to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
Salary is based on the skills and experience. The company also offers other standard benefits and are currently trialling a 4 day working week.
You will be required to provide all aspects of administrative support to the Accountants within the firm coupled with assisting clients with their needs.
You will be required to possess the skills and experience to deliver these responsibilities. These requirements include:
- Experience working in a similar environment with at least experience in accountancy activities preferably within an accountancy firm
- Nevertheless, if you have experience in bookkeeping, preparing accounts, submitting VAT returns, etc. then this would be a good alternative
- However, possessing the right attitude and ambition such as an interest in progressing your career in Accountancy would also be a beneficial quality
- Strong IT skills including Word, Excel and accountancy systems in particular CHH, Zero, Free Agent, etc.
- Of course, excellent organisational, administrative and communication skills are particularly beneficial in this role.
The role will be based in the office in the Northwest of Edinburgh a 15 minute bus ride from Princes St.
Why Should You Apply?
In conclusion, if you:
- Have the skills and experience required to provide the support to the Accountants and clients.
- In particular, you should have knowledge and experience working with accountancy systems and producing and/or submitting accountancy information or tax returns
- Possess a good work ethic and want to work with high calibre and well-respected professionals and are keen to develop in the Accountancy field
If you would like to apply for this role please fill in the details below and submit your CV here.