This role offers an experienced Project Manager the opportunity to join a dynamic team of consultants to work on high profile construction and infrastructure projects.
Our client is a growing, award-winning consultancy business who specialise in construction and infrastructure projects throughout the UK. The role will be based in Edinburgh with 2-3 days per week in other locations throughout the UK on a project specific basis.
Our client is a construction and infrastructure consultancy business who support high profile projects throughout the UK. The directors are well respected specialist consultants within their field who due to the successful completion of successful projects, are expanding to meet the growing demand for their services.
They are looking for an experienced Project Manager with a Civil Engineering background who has experience in delivering construction and infrastructure projects within the UK. This role will focus on rail projects so candidates with experience on the rail network will have an advantage. You will work closely with the directors to assist clients in solving complex challenges, providing a blend of strategic thinking with hands on programme management.
The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience.
You will be required to apply your experience in designing bottom-up solutions for clients and have the necessary skills and experience to establish and run a Programme Management Office on behalf of clients.
- Degree qualified Civil Engineer or equivalent and preferably a member of a recognised professional body
- Approx. 10 years’ industry experience is preferred
- Network Rail experience including Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) competency and CDM 2015
- Proven track record and expertise in delivering large scale projects in the property and/or infrastructure sector
- Demonstrable ability to work with delivery teams, customer, regulatory bodies and other major stakeholders
- Demonstrable managerial capability with accountability for resources and task delivery
- Demonstrable expertise in the development, use and application of programme management tools in delivering major projects
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Credible in building relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work flexibly
- A proven ability to communicate complex proposals in an understandable manner for various audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
The role will require you to work in our client’s prestigious office in Edinburgh city centre as well as their client’s project offices.
Why Should You Apply?
- You have the experience and skills required to deliver high profile, complex construction and infrastructure projects
- You want to work with other high caliber and well-respected professionals
- You are seeking fresh opportunities to develop and hone your skill-sets in a consultancy environment
- You want to receive a remuneration package that reflects your skills and experience
- You have experience working on Rail projects and enjoy the specific challenges that this sector provides