Our client offers an experienced Harvesting Manager the opportunity to utilise their skills and experience for the forests under their direct control. They are offering an attractive salary and benefits package and the opportunity for career path development.
Our client is a leading forestry management company with a long tradition of serving forest owners and investors throughout the UK. They provide a comprehensive range of forest, estate and land-related services underpinned by an in-depth market experience, knowledge base and commitment to quality.
Due to continued growth our client is looking for experienced Harvesting Managers to join their expanding team.
They are offering an attractive salary range commensurate with skills and experience and a generous package of benefits and extras.
- You will be responsible harvesting and marketing activity in your area
- You will work closely with our existing clients and customers and development of new business.
- You will be required to implement commercially sound strategic plans related to the business objectives
- You will be required to negotiate terms and conditions with customers, suppliers and contractors
- You will obtain regulatory approvals and ensure that regulatory obligations are met at all times
- You will be responsible for the preparation of management information, production forecasts, compartment databases, maps, and reports
- You will execute a plan of operations: engage & supervise contractors, carry out risk assessments, order materials, approve and pay suppliers & contractors, handle complaints, monitor performance, identify deviation & take corrective action, manage WIP
- Experience working in a similar role and environment – Timber Harvesting experience
- You will possess an in-depth understanding of timber marketing, standing sale assessment, site planning, harvesting systems and working with contractors.
- You should also be capable of working with Forest Management colleagues on existing client properties
- You will possess excellent communication, commercial and organisational skills
- BSc, HND or equivalent qualification in Forestry
- BASIS or POWER Crop Protection Certificates
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good understanding and working practice of all relevant H&S policies and procedures
- IT skills including MS Office
- You will also have a full current driving licence as the role will require frequent travel to remote locations
There are two roles based in Scotland one in the North of Scotland and the other in South East of Scotland.
Why Should You Apply?
- You are an experienced Harvesting Manager looking for a new opportunity in a growing, well respected company
- You are passionate about the work you do and the impact your skills have on the wider environment
- You are looking for a Company that looks after their employees offering good salary, benefits and opportunities to develop and grow in a supportive environment