Our client offers an experienced Forest Manager the opportunity to utilise their skills and experience for the forests under their direct control. They are offering an attractive salary and benefits package and the opportunity for career path development.
Our client is a leading forestry management company with a long tradition of serving forest owners and investors throughout the UK. They provide a comprehensive range of forest, estate and land-related services underpinned by an in-depth market experience, knowledge base and commitment to quality.
Due to continued growth our client is looking for experienced Forest Managers to join their expanding team.
They are offering an attractive salary range commensurate with skills and experience and a generous package of benefits and extras.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of woodland establishment, restructuring and management from planning through to harvesting
- You will be required to implement commercially sound strategic plans to meet client’s goals.
- You will be expected to prepare and manage budgets, prepare and present reports, undertake grant scheme applications, manage and control costs, planning of operations and site supervision.
- You will be required to apply UKWAS Standard on all forestry contracts, especially on FSC Certified properties. Applying for felling licences and other statutory permissions as required to permit operations in forests.
- Experience working in a similar role and environment – Timber Harvesting
- BSc, HND or equivalent qualification in Forestry
- BASIS or POWER Crop Protection Certificates
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good understanding and working practice of all relevant H&S policies and procedures
- IT skills including MS Office
- You will also have a full current driving licence as the role will require frequent travel to remote locations
There are two roles based in Scotland one in the North of Scotland and the other in South West of Scotland.
Why Should You Apply?
- You are an experienced Forest Manager looking for a new opportunity in a growing, well respected company
- You are passionate about the work you do and the impact your skills have on the wider environment
- You are looking for a Company that looks after their employees offering good salary, benefits and opportunities to develop and grow in a supportive environment