Location: Isle of Bute
Job Type: 2-year Fixed term contract
Neo Recruitment is partnering with an Independent Project Management Consultancy to help source a talented and enthusiastic Architect to work on prestigious heritage projects on the Isle of Bute. This is a rewarding role which offers the chance to escape the “rat-race” and enjoy the natural beauty and tranquillity of the Isle of Bute.
About the role
The successful Architect will be based on the Isle of Bute (or can commute if preferred) where our Client is currently working on a series of Commercial and Residential projects developing Listed Buildings. You will work closely with the Project Manager in both a technical and client-facing role.
The role will involve the following duties:
- Assessing the needs of the building and its users, advising the client on the practicality of the project.
- Preparing and presenting feasibility reports and designing proposals to the client.
- Assessing the impact on the local environment.
- Using IT in design and project management, specifically using computer-aided design software.
- Keep within financial budgets and deadlines.
- Producing detailed workings, drawings and specifications.
- Specifying the nature and quality of materials required.
- Preparing tender applications and presentations.
- Negotiating with contractors and other professionals.
- Preparing applications for planning and building control departments.
- Drawing up tender documents for contracts.
- Preparing and submitting Grant applications.
- Project managing and coordinating contractors.
- Carrying out regular site visits to check on progress and ensure that the project is running on time and to budget.
- Resolving problems and issues that arise during construction.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact of the project is managed.
You will have:
- Accredited (or Advanced Accredited) Architect in Conservation status.
- A proven track record of delivering projects in this area.
- Membership of the Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland (RIAS) or equivalent (essential).
- Experience of working with Historic Environment Scotland (HES).
- Strong technical skills with experience of CAD (preferably Revit and/or AutoCad).
- Previous knowledge and experience in the process of heritage and conservation of Listed Buildings.
- Knowledge and practical experience of the Grant Application process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Remuneration / benefits
You will be based on the stunning Isle of Bute (accommodation may be available at a reduced rate) or within commuting distance. Bute offers a real chance to live and work somewhere where there is a real sense of community amid the beautiful scenery and surroundings. The successful applicant will receive a competitive salary and benefits package for this 2-year, fixed term contract. This is a really exciting opportunity to be involved in some really interesting and rewarding projects.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply, please send your CV ASAP or call (phone number removed) for further information.